The #SmuleSecretSanta Contest Terms
1. Eligibility: This #SmuleSecretSanta (“Contest”) is open only to Smule users who record a performance and who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry and reside in a country or territory outside of the Excluded Regions. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Bolivia, Brazil, Quebec, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Malta, Mexico, Russia, Singapore and Venezuela and where prohibited by law (“Excluded Regions”).
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines, and You represent that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Smule at its sole discretion and judgment as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 1, 2022 at 12:00 a.m., Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ending December 25, 2022 at 11:59 p.m., PST (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by December 25, 2022 at 11:59, PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by starting or joining a recording of your choice, posting your recorded performance on Smule and including the Contest hashtag #SmuleSecretSanta in the description or in the comment of the performance (each a “Submission”). Multiple Submissions are permitted. Submissions must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a Prize. All entries must comply with the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines. Submissions that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Smule. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your Submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Smule. Smule will have no liability related to any recording submission not received by it. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be contacted by Smule or Smule’s designees via direct message, email, telephone and/or postal mail regarding the Contest.
5. Prizes: There will be one hundred (100) Winners (each a “Winner”). Each Winner will receive one hundred (100) Smule coins (each a “Prize”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is USD $ 0.99. Total ARV of all one hundred (100) Prizes is USD $ 99.00. No cash or other Prize substitution shall be permitted. The Prize is non transferable. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Smule to use Winner’s name, likeness, image and Submission for purposes of advertising, trade and perpetual use in the Smule products and services without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All details and other restrictions of Prizes not specified in these Rules will be determined by Smule in its sole discretion. Smule may award fewer Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries and qualified Submissions. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest promotional or informational materials and the terms and conditions of these Rules, these Rules shall prevail and govern. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of the Winner’s Prize and the reporting consequences thereof. All other costs and expenses not specifically described herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the respective Winners.
6. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize are a function of a number of factors, including, without limitation, the number of eligible entries, the skill of the participants, and the creativity, quality, number of listens, likes and social media shares of the Contestant’s Submission. Precise odds of winning are therefore unavailable.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by Smule from all eligible entries based on the creativity, quality, listens, likes and social media shares of the Contestants’ Submissions. The one hundred (100) Contestants singing on a Submission that receives the highest score for a duet will be declared the potential Prize Winners. Listens, likes and social media shares of Submissions generated by script, macro, bot or other automated means or with the intent to impair the judging process will be void. The potential Winners will receive its Prize within ten (10) days following selection of Winner and no later than January 20, 2023. Receipt by Winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and complying with the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines. To the extent that Smule is required by a copyrights holder to remove a recording due to copyright violation, or deems that a recording violates applicable law or the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines, Smule reserves all rights to remove any violating content from the Smule platform. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SMULE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By submitting Your Submission to the Contest, You understand and agree that Smule, anyone acting on behalf of Smule, and Smule’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, exploit and otherwise use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your Submission, name, username, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, and statements about the Contest for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes or otherwise use it in the Smule platform, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By submitting Your Submission to the Contest, You represent and warrant that Your Submission is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any law or violate or infringe any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights and You agree to abide by the terms of Section 10 of the Smule Terms of Service. If Your Submission violates any law or violates or infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Smule. If the content of your Submission is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Smule from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Smule may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Smule reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Smule’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest or for any other reason. In such a case, Smule may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Smule. Smule reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest website or violates these Terms & Conditions or the Smule Terms of Service. Smule has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to Submissions of non-original performances that require a license from a third party. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Smule reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. These Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with applicable laws by a duly authorized representative of Smule. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision and in the event any such provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Smule’s failure to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision of these Rules.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Smule and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: The Governing Law, Arbitration Provision and Venue sections of the Smule Terms of Service apply to the Contest.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Smule, Inc. (“Smule”), 386 West 500 SouthSuite A-3, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. 14. By entering into the #SmuleSecretSanta, You, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to these #SmuleSecretSanta Contest Terms.