Smule Webinar Contest Terms
1. Eligibility: This Smule Webinar (“Contest”) is open only to Smule registered users who record a performance and who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry and reside in a country or territory outside of the Excluded Regions. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Quebec, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Indonesia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Sweden, the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, and where prohibited by law (“Excluded Regions”).
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, the Smule Terms of Service, and the Smule Community Guidelines, and You represent that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Smule at its sole discretion and judgment as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 15, 2023, at 06:00 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ending on May 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., PST (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by May 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m, PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by providing a valid email address and other requested details in the registration form included in the event details page on the official Smule Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/Smule), (each a “Submission”). Multiple Submissions are permitted. Submissions must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a Prize. All entries must comply with the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines. Submissions that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Smule. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your Submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Smule. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be contacted by Smule or Smule’s designees via direct message, email, telephone, and/or postal mail regarding the Contest.
5. Prizes: There will be ten (10) winner(s) of the Contest ( each a “Winner”). Each Winner will receive a USD $ 100.00 discount from BetterMe to purchase a product of their choice from their online store https://store.betterme.world/. (“Prize”). No cash or other Prize substitution shall be permitted. The Prize is non transferable. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Smule to use Winner’s name, likeness, image, and Submission for purposes of advertising, trade, and perpetual use in the Smule products and services without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is USD $100.00. The total ARV of all ten (10) Prizes is USD $1,000.00. All details and other restrictions of Prizes not specified in these Rules will be determined by Smule at its sole discretion. Smule may award fewer Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries and qualified Submissions. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest promotional or informational materials and the terms and conditions of these Rules, these Rules shall prevail and govern. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes resulting from acceptance of the Winner’s Prize and the reporting consequences thereof. All other costs and expenses not specifically described herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the respective Winners.
6. Odds: The odds of winning a Prize are a function of a number of factors. Precise odds of winning are therefore unavailable.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by Smule from all eligible entries of the Contestants’ Submissions. The ten (10) Contestants whose Submissions have been retained from the eligible entries will be declared potential Prize Winners. The potential Winners will be notified by the provided email within ten (10) days following the selection of the Winners and no later than June 2, 2023. If a potential Winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), is found to be ineligible, declines his or her Prize, or if a Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential Winner, such potential Winner will be disqualified and his/her Prize forfeited and another eligible entrant will be selected as the Winner of the applicable Prize, provided sufficient time remains in Smule’s discretion. Smule shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information or failure to accept push notifications from the Smule platform. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Smule in writing if the entrant changes the entrant’s email address during the Contest Period.
Receipt by Winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and complying with the Smule Terms of Service and the Smule Community Guidelines. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SMULE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: Smule reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Smule’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest or for any other reason. In such a case, Smule may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Smule. Smule reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest website or violates these Terms & Conditions or the Smule Terms of Service. Smule has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Submissions for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Smule reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. These Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with applicable laws by a duly authorized representative of Smule. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision and in the event any such provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Smule’s failure to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision of these Rules.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Smule and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, co-sponsors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: The Governing Law, Arbitration Provision and Venue sections of the Smule Terms of Service apply to the Contest.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Smule Webinar Contest is BetterMe Limited (“MetterMe”), Themistokli Dervi 39, 1st floor, Office 104, 1066, Nicosia, Cyprus14. By entering into the Smule Webinar, You, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to these Smule Webinar Contest Terms.